top of page

Welcome to

Nuptials by Dianne  Marriage Commissioner

Where It All Started

Nuptials by Dianne / Marriage Commissioner was established in 2018 out of a passion for helping other people. I make the most important events in my clients’ lives be as memorable and enjoyable as possible.​


Why "I Do" This

I love serving my community and helping couples with their wedding visions is a dream come true. I am creative, professional, and dedicated to making your wedding ceremony the highlight of your day. I’ve always had a deep passion for organizing and planning, and I believe that every special event deserves to be stunning.

logo 2_edited.png
Screenshot_20210227-221038_Samsung Internet.jpg

First Things First

Congratulations on finding your soul mate!


Once you set your wedding date, it's best to contact a Marriage Commissioner as soon as possible to make sure they are available for the day and time you're thinking of.


  • First step is to visit one of the many registry offices around town (the same spot you renew your driver's license.) and purchase a Registration of Marriage/Marriage Licence Form. You can search online for a registry agent at Services Alberta - Registry Agents.

  • Once you purchase your Registration of Marriage/Marriage Licence, it is valid for three months.

  • The Registration of Marriage Form has space for the information of the two witnesses that are required to be present at any civil marriage service. (The lone requirements for witnesses are: at least 18 years of age, be present, and have proper photo I.D. at the ceremony.) Just don't forget to tell them you'd like to have them as official witnesses! I will need their full name and mailing address before the service, too.

  • After the civil ceremony is completed, the couple, the two witnesses and the Marriage Commissioner all sign the Registration of Marriage. The commissioner then forwards it to the Vital Statistics department of the provincial government to act as the official record of your marriage. The small Marriage Licence is retained by the Marriage Commissioner, who issues the couple with a Civil Marriage Statement which captures the essentials of the service.


For more information on marriage in Alberta, visit Alberta Government | Programs & Services - Getting Married.

Follow these links for full information of the necessary requirements:

Vital Statistics Main Page:
Vital Statistics: Getting Married:
Marriage Licenses:
Finding a Registry Agent:
Locating a Marriage Commissioner:

"Find a heart that will love you at your worst and arms that will hold you when you are at your weakest."

- Curiano


Contact Me

Red Deer, AB, Canada

  • facebook

Your details were sent successfully!

bottom of page